Friday, October 19, 2007

Power Outage


Yesterday at the volleyball game, Eighth Grade Varsity played one match, then, just as the ref was about to start the second, the lights in the gym dimmed and were dull for a few minutes. I looked at Coach and said "Can we still play if the power's out?" Right when I said it, the whole gym was black. The whole room was filled with screams. 'Oh brother,' I thought, 'It's just dark. Chill out.' We all waited for the power to come back on, but it didn't. After about twenty minutes, Coach told us that the games were over. They called it a tie and the team from Darrington went home. I was so dissapointed because my friend Lincoln went to see me play my last game, and he didn't get a chance to. We took my best friend, Sarah home, and went to take Lincoln home. He went to the front door and it was locked, so he tried to open the garrage, but that didn't work because there was no power to open it, so he came to our house. It was fun, but he spent most of the time talking to my dad about golf and how much better off the world would be if there weren't Democrats and Comunists. They talked about the militay and how Lincoln wanted to follow after his brother and join the Army. I enjoyed seeing my daddy approve of one of my guy friends. Lincoln stayed for dinner and Jason came over for dinner too. Jason, my brother, has been house-sitting for my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Linda for a month. I miss him so much (even though he thinks he's a Spartan[see pic]), but I don't want him to know I don't hate him.

2 comments:

sidney said...

really good choice of words!

dont fall! jk

Tayy said...

I like this cuz You rally told the story very well and there was alot of detail.